Open source is a development method for software that harnesses the power of distributed peer review and transparency of process. The promise of open source is better quality, higher reliability, more flexibility, lower cost, and an end to predatory vendor lock-in.
Open source software solutions began as a marketing campaign for free software. Open source software can be defined as computer software for which the human-readable source code is made available under a copyright license (or arrangement such as the public domain) that meets the Open Source Definition. This permits users to use, change, and improve the software, and to redistribute it in modified or unmodified form. It is very often developed in a public, collaborative manner. Open source software is the most prominent example of open source development and often compared to user generated content.
Having customised and delivered several open source applications, we are in a position to customize and implement many types of web based open source applications including CRM, ERP, CMS etc to name few.
Some of our recent projects where we have used open source are listed below :-
- Mini ERP.
- Website Content Management.
1) CRM Software
In our work with open source technologies, we have successfully customised, implemented and are maintaining a top notch open source CRM software. We already have several clients to whom we are providing this service.
As with open source technologies, this is a web-enabled solution which can be easily hosted on the internet as needed and is platform independent and requires just an internet browser to work.
Having mastered the various modules of the system, we are in a position to customise it for any type of usage.The core modules of CRM software product includes :-
- Customer Relationship Management :
- Account creation and management, with any number of contacts associated with each account.
- Activity history (Meetings, Calls, Tasks, and Notes with optional file attachments and Emails) is tracked for Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Opportunities and Cases.
- Tasks may be assigned to users, and automatic email notifications may optionally be sent to advise users of new tasks.
- Sales Force Automation :
- Summary view of upcoming activities, top opportunities, open tasks, leads, sales pipeline graph, monthly calendar, and a quick entry facility.
- Sales Lead creation and tracking, and conversion of Sales Leads into opportunities.
- Graphical dashboard display of opportunity pipeline, lead sources and outcomes.
- Customer Service Tracking :
- A case management system that allows users to track customer problems and resolutions. Allows each problem to have a lifecycle of information to improve customer satisfaction.
- Each case links to related Account, Contacts, Notes, Associated files, plus Call and meeting activity history.
- Corporate Calendar :
- Calendar view (by Day, Week, Month or Year) of all corporate Activities, with an associated Task List.
- Shared calendar for viewing other user’s calendars for avoiding scheduling conflicts.
2) ERP Software
ERP in itself is a huge concept and cannot be summarised in a few words and a few pages. In this regard, working on open source technologies, we have customized several top notch open source ERP applications for our clients.
The process started from gaining the relevant domain knowledge from the client and then converting the same in the form of an open source implementation for the client.
Due to the obvious advantages of open source, the clients benefited in terms of customization costs, implementation costs, ease of usability and quick turn around times.The core modules of ERP software product includes :-
- Client Registration and Enquiry.
- Product Design & Manufacturing.
- Bill of Materials.
- Client Quotations and Purchase Orders.
- Vendor Registration.
- Purchase Indent.
- Material Receipt.
- Stock Maintenance.
- Manufacturing Job Sheets.
- Packaging & Despatch.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Employee Payroll.
- Customer Relationship Management.
TThe solution has been developed using PHP / MY SQL
3) Website Content Management
Content Management Systems are web based applications that enable website owners to change web content in real time without possessing in-depth knowledge of web design. As such, for high content websites and websites with dynamic and frequently content like news websites, financial websites and portals, content management systems are essentials.
We work extensively on Joomla – a popular and robust open source content management system. We have already implemented Joomla for several companies, gaining expertise in the process upon implementing Joomla.
The system works on PHP / MY SQL